I love my dog Willie and want the best for him. When I heard that I had been feeding him unhealthy things I was shocked and disgusted. I found out that it was due to some contaminated Chinese wheat gluten which was in almost all commercial dog food. Initially, veterinary organizations reported more than 100 pet deaths nearly 500 cases of kidney failure. One online database self-reporting as many as 3,600 deaths.
The US Food and Drug Administration has received reports of several thousand cats and dogs who have died after eating contaminated food, but have only confirmed 14 cases in part because there is no centralized government records database of animal sickness or death in the United States as there are with humans such as the Centers for Disease Control. As a result, many sources speculate that the actual number of affected pets may never be known and experts are concerned that the actual death toll could potentially reach into the thousands
After hearing that I knew that I had to be more careful with what I fed my little buddy. I found a good way to control this was to feed him homemade dog food. They were recipes that were simple, easy to make recipes that were specifically designed for Willie's digestion. Another great thing is that I could get all of the ingredients at the grocery store, and most of them I was already getting for myself.
Not only did I feel better that I was giving him health nutritious food I noticed that his energy level went through the roof. He felt better and so did I. As an added bonus I realized that I was saving money by buying the fresh ingredients instead of the expensive commercial brands. I hope that you treat your dog right too.
Source by Erik Thornbury